DGOV Foundation uses Holacracy as the governance model. Check out a brief holacracy onboarding and the constitution.
Changes to policies and roles are done through the Holacracy IDM process. Telegram and Loomio voting can be used for consulting with the community.
- Deep and Active Listening,
- Non-violent communication,
- Horizontal Organizing and Participatory Leadership,
- Be excellent to each other,
- Omni-considerative / omni-win decision making,
- Maximum integratabtle cognitive diversity
- The principle Life - Change and Adaption
- The principles of wholeness - interconnectedness.
- Collaboration “Act local - think global"
- Facilitator – Ela
- Secretary – Aeon
- Event Manager – Tim, Max, Phoebe
- Newsletter Editor – Max
- Outreach & Advocacy / PR Manager – Anja
- Designer – Max
Purpose: Circle governance and operational practices aligned with the Constitution.
- Facilitating the Circle’s constitutionally-required meetings
- Auditing the meetings and records of Sub-Circles as needed, and declaring a Process Breakdown upon discovering a pattern of behavior that conflicts with the rules of the Constitution
Purpose: Steward and stabilize the Circle’s formal records and record-keeping process.
- Capturing and publishing the outputs of the Circle’s required meetings, and maintaining a compiled view of the Circle’s current Governance, checklist items, and metrics
- Interpreting Governance and the Constitution upon request
- Scheduling the Circle’s required meetings, and notifying all Core Circle Members of scheduled times and locations
- Increasing Awareness;
- Increasing Commitment of parties of interest to come to the event;
- Building up momentum (people speak about it).
- Create news and noise around the event; Make it visible.
Recommendation to include (where possible):
- Names (twitter handles);
- Link to further material;
- Link to picture (names);
- Monday: Administrative info
- Tuesday: What's happening
- Wednesday: Good material
- Thursday: Who's coming / People
- Friday: Fun
- Every new member should be proposed by an existent core member
- The decision is made unanimously
- This core member take full responsibility for that member
- Trial period ends when every other member are sure to accept this person
- Difference of trial status is only in recognition
If absolute majority of members vote for exclusion, the member is excluded as well as the person who brought him.
Weekly all-team tactical calls (wed, 3pm CET) and dgov dlog telegram group
Inblock.io events is a trusted company to execute the DGOV Councils as well as the DGOV Festival Athens 2020. Furthermore selected events like the proposed DGOV Retreat in Ljubljana.
We expect other organisations and members of the community to host DGOV events. This is encouraged and supported by the DGOV Foundation if they are trusted parties by the DGOV Foundation. There please always check that the organisation organising a DGOV event is clearly stated.
- any core member can reject, but needs to justify if challenged
- lack of cognitive diversity concerns
Everything should be transparent, except of
- private data without consent (names, addresses, contacts)
- security (passwords)
- budget details, like salaries (low resolution reports are ok)
Being excellent with each other (respect, support, caring). Intentional dishonour of this rule can lead to ban.
- quarterly retro
- strategy clarification)
- Interview more dgov stakeholders (needs, expectations, strategies).
- Board of Advisors is gathered + Meta calls?
Ecosystem development managers from Aragon (Maria), DAO Stack (Oren, Natalia), Colony (?)
Support Integration of knowledge by Dgov Foundation, DAO Stack Polinators, Bushwick Generator, COALAs, starfish network, Event Calendar, Industry Landscape and Global Hubs